Saturday, July 8, 2017



Like you, I am upset with the divisiveness. I am running out of a hope and desire to turn things around and make Concordia the pleasant community we all want and know it can be. 

Let’s Create UNITY in our COMMUNITY

ALL candidates say they will LISTEN. 
I am the ONLY candidate EVER 
to provide a means to do so!

AS A MEMBER OF THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES, I will maintain THIS BLOG and FACEBOOK Page (Click here)
as forums where residents can post their concerns and suggestions and get answers and feedback from me, as well other residents.

TELL ME YOUR CONCERNS, QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, IDEAS!!

I will work to maintain a peaceful, unified, cohesive community by encouraging the following:


  • I SUPPORT: 
    • Improved front gate security
    • Town Hall meetings
    • Observers allowed at Exec meetings
      • Excluding sensitive issues such as foreclosures
    • Minutes of meetings taken and made available 
    • Term limits for Trustees
    • An ad hoc committee to investigate solar panels
      • Get some professional opinions and estimates
    • Suggestion box 
    • Surveys
      • Not every issue requires a vote of homeowners, but surveys would help give BOT feedback as to what the residents want or don't want 
    • Getting ALL our governing documents and directory on our website

  • OPEN, HONESTY COMMUNICATION and TRANSPARENCY:
    • What's happening with the Golf Course?
      •  We need to be kept informed about this major issue that has implications for our safety, security, the privacy and value of our homes 
    • Uncensored communication
    • Being HEARD and LISTENED to are VITAL
    • Keeping homeowners apprised of major contract negotiations

  • RESPECT:
    • Decorum must be maintained at Open BOT meetings
    • Residents respecting residents including BOT
    • Respect everyone’s opinions suggestions and ideas!
      • There are 3000 opinions here. You are not likely to agree with all of them. While another may suggest a different way of doing things, or have a concern you don’t share - they deserve to be heard.

    • CLARITY of RULES:
    • Terms must be clearly defined
      • What does campaigning consist of/include?
      • Who can and can not campaign?
      • Where and when campaigning is allowed and not allowed
      • What defines a renter? An owner?
    • Rules must be applied EQUALLY to all
    • Enforcement and repercussions of violating the rule must be defined
    • Notification of new or changed rule
~~~~~~~
I am committed to creating and maintaining 
an open SAFE space for all voices to be heard

See additional PAGES and POSTS on this blog.

~~~~~~~

Keep in CONTACT with me:

o   FACEBOOK:         https://tinyurl.com/MirahRibenBOT-FB

o   BLOG:                   http://mirahriben4bot.blogspot.com

o   EMAIL:                  MirahRibenBOT@gmail.com

o   PHONE:                 In the directory


  • WHY VOTE FOR ME?
  • PLANS & GOALS: IF ELECTED
  • LINKS
  • SIGN THE PETITION
  • ~~~~~~~

    WHAT HAVE I DONE TO DESERVE YOUR VOTE:

    Many of you may recognize my name from the Concordian. I was a staff writer for the paper starting in 2013 when I submitted an article heralding the proud history of Concordia, interviewing original owners. Over the course of my tenure as a staff writer, I enjoyed interviewing many couples married more than 50 years, couples who met in Concordia, a resident who played golf at 100 years of age, a homeowner who flys a drone...and also covering issues such the township changeover to bulk electrify and the Intercommunity meeting.

    I resigned from the Concordian, as required, in order to run for the BOT.

    Because I understand and believe in the importance of communication, I many times suggested a POINT/COUNTERPOINT column in the paper where concerns and suggestions could be responded to a by Trustee. 

    In addition to serving the community on the newspaper, since I moved here I have worked to establish communications. I met with the BOT in 2012 to establish an email list, group or forum that the BOT or a representative could administer, thus disallowing inappropriate posts. They declined and I did it on my own. 

    For five years, I have administered a Yahoo Group email list where people share service requests and suggestion, health professional requests and suggestions, lost pets, area events such as concerts…and emergency messages from the township. For five years, I have kept that venue free of controversy and contention.


    I have also been co-facilitator of the Mon, Wed, Fri exercise class for 4 or 5 years. I'm a member of Rock 'n' Rollers and have twice presented to Brandeis, and very briefly helped out the Concordia NCJW.

    I am a homeowner in good standing since 2012 and I am here all year round, and retired.

    FULL DISCLOSURE: The Deed and Title to my house are in the name of the the Mirah Riben Trust, Mirah Riben Trustee. Just me! Not a family trust and it is revocable. 

    ~~~~~~~

    My employment history includes being Associate Editor of three magazines for Volitant/Histrionic Publishing, 21 West 26 Street, NYC. 

    While raising three children I became a licensed Realtor. 

    While at Rutgers University, I worked on grant procurement and edited many dissertations, and selected peer review journal articles for the Bioregenerative Systems Section of Life and Biosphere Science Journal, 1997-1998 and helped edit the book, "Methods in Molecular Biology."   

    I was Administrator of the Rutgers NJ-EcoComplex, from its inception. It began as a joint project of Rutgers, the State University of NJ, Stevens Institute, NJ-NSCORT, and Burlington County. I coordinated with seven Rutgers departments and facilitated state and national environmental conferences at our state of the art facility demonstrating the use of methane gas from a landfill to heat greenhouses. I organized EcoLab school programs, essay contests, and Science Fairs.  I worked with incubator companies via NJ-CAT, and managed multiple grant budgets including a $5M grant from NASA, purchasing, and payroll. 


         Keep in CONTACT with me:


    o   FACEBOOK:         https://tinyurl.com/MirahRibenBOT-FB

    o   BLOG:                   http://mirahriben4bot.blogspot.com

    o   EMAIL:                  MirahRibenBOT@gmail.com

    o   PHONE:                 In the directory


    No comments:

    Post a Comment